Monday, October 26, 2009

10 Cent's Spicy Vegetarian Escabeche



This is one of my all time favourite 10 Cent Diet recipes. I didn't deviate from her recipe very much so you might as well just check it out on her blog. The only change I made was to reduce the amount of chilies used. Her recipe calls for six. I used three the first time I made it and it was still too hot for me. This time I used two. If you aren't much for heat, start with half of one and go from there. I have made this a few times, once adding baby potatoes and another time using the broth to poach a piece of wild salmon. It's a very versatile recipe. Tonight I served it over rice.

10 Cent's Spicy Vegetarian Escabeche.

And in case you're wondering: Escabeche is a typical Mediterranean cuisine which refers to both a dish of poached or fried fish that is marinated in an acidic mixture before serving. The marinade itself is also referred to as an escabeche. The dish is common in Spanish cuisine. (From Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails