I woke up early today and spent quite a bit of time searching YouTube for cooking "How To" videos. I have started a "How To" library. Most of the How To's are things I often do or talk about on this site. Some (like how to shuck an oyster) are things I have yet to do but would like to try. If you have any suggestions for what else can be added, let me know.
Looking for cooking terms? This site has a very extensive list.
- How to Seed a Tomato
- How to make a Cosmopolitan (Mix one up then watch the rest of the videos!
- How to chiffonade herbs
- How to butterfly shrimp
- How to shuck an oyster
- How to dice vegetables and more precisely, how to large dice vegetables and how to small dice vegetables.
- How to dice an onion
- How to julienne
- How to cut a bell pepper
- How to segment a citrus fruit (also called Supreming)
- How to seed a pomegranate
- How to fold a wonton
- How to fold a spring roll
- How to remove pin bones from fish
- How to open a bottle of wine and what to do if you break the cork, which I do quite often.
- How to open Champagne
- How to poach an egg