Saturday, September 19, 2009
Mint & Chive Potato Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
8 - 10 new potatoes (small white or red or a mix!)
1/2 small red onion, diced
4-5 mint leaves, chiffonade
small bunch of fresh chives, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp champagne vinegar
1 tsp sucanat
1 tsp dijon mustard
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Cut potatoes into quarters or bite sized pieces. Boil in pot of water until fork tender, about 20 mins.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the onion, chives and parsley. Add to a serving dish.
3. Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake to mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
4. Once potatoes are cooked, drain. Add to serving bowl of onions, chives and mint while still warm. Toss to mix.
5.Spoon vinaigrette over top of salad to suit your tastes. The warm potatoes will soak up lots of dressing. Use as much or as little as you like. I used about half of what the recipe yields.
6. Serve warm or cold.
7. Best when served while sitting on a blanket, outside, under the sun.