Saturday, September 19, 2009
Cat Cora's Seared Scallops Over Buckwheat Noodles
See Cat's recipe here. My version is slightly modified to simplify cooking. You could also use rice vermicelli noodles if you can't find buckwheat noodles.
3 oz brewed jasmine tea (strongly brewed)
4 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup mirin or rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
16 large scallops
salt & pepper to taste
enough buckwheat or soba noodles to serve your guests
1 cup sliced sugar snap peas or sliced green beans, blanched
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 green onion, sliced, for garnish
1. can be made in advance. mix all ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid. store in fridge until ready to use.
1. cook noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse. Place in bowls and coat with some of the dressing.
2. season scallops with salt & pepper. heat olive oil in a pan. sear scallops 1 1/2 - 2 mins per side. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
3. toss veggies in bowls with noodles. place scallops on top. drizzle with more dressing. garnish with sliced green onion.
4. slurp your noodles like when you were 6 years old!