Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tequila Lime Chicken



This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman. I used the marinade on chicken for Fajita Night while on vacation and my cousin declared they were the best fajitas she'd ever eaten! The marinade is a keeper and since I hate drinking Tequila I might as well cook with it!

Tequila Lime Chicken:

3 tbsp fresh lime juice (3-4 whole limes)
Zest of 1 lime
5 cloves garlic
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp salt
large handful fresh cilantro
1/2 cup Tequila
1/4 cup olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1. Combine lime juice, zest, garlic, jalapeno, salt, cilantro, and tequila in a blender and pulse until all blended. Add olive oil and pulse again to combine.

2. Place chicken in a heavy-duty plastic zip lock bag and pound to an even thickness using a mallet. Pour marinade into bag and seal. Massage marinade into chicken breast. Place in fridge and marinate for a few hours, or overnight.



3. After marinating, remove chicken from bag and place on hot grill. Discard marinade. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.

4. Slice chicken to use as fajita or taco meat or serve the whole breast, topped with grated Monterey Jack cheese and fresh salsa as the PW does.



I used my chicken for soft tacos! Fresh Pico De Gallo, sliced avocado and shredded Jack cheese.

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree - the only good use of tequila is for cooking. Drinking..ugh. I can't go there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails