Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thai Away - Meals in Minutes



I'm not usually one to purchase or promote pre-made, frozen meals but when I found Thai Away Meals in Minutes at IGA recently, I had to give it a try. I love Thai food, especially red curry.

Thai Away is a Vancouver based restaurant chain that also produces frozen prepared Thai entrees and sauces.

I bought and tried the Red Thai Curry with Chicken entree and the Yellow Thai Curry. It's meant to serve two. I am not kidding when I say this - it was absolutely FANTASTIC. The Red Thai curry contains fairly large chunks of chicken, butternut squash and Thai basil leaves. The package also includes a side of brown Jasmine rice. You simply boil a large pot of water and place the two frozen packages in the water for 10 minutes (or microwave). There are no preservatives. No MSG. Nothing you can't pronounce or recognize.

I will definitely be buying these frozen entrees again. They're absolutely perfect for an on-the-go or in-a-pinch meal.

See here for a list of other entrees available.

See here for a list of grocers that carry the Meals in Minutes products. Pretty well every IGA in the Lower Mainland is listed along with Wholefoods/Capers, Nestor's Markets and Choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails