Wednesday, March 24, 2010
This is another recipe inspired by the 5 Factor World Diet cookbook. Apparently miso soup is a common breakfast dish in Japan. I can't get it in my mind to have soup for breakfast so I've been making a pot for work lunches. This is the quickest and easiest recipe yet.
Slightly modified from the original recipe.
1 can vegetable broth (or 1 cup homemade chicken broth)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp light miso paste
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 button mushrooms, sliced thin
1/2 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup firm tofu, sliced into small cubes
1 green onion, sliced thinly
1. Pour broth, water and rice vinegar to a small sauce pan and warm over medium heat.
2. Stir in the miso paste and continue stirring until dissolved and well combined. Simmer 3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add mushrooms and peas and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from heat and add the tofu. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
5. Ladle into two bowls and garnish with green onion.