Saturday, March 13, 2010

Breakfast Egg Salad



Last night I hard boiled a big batch of eggs to leave in my fridge for quick meals. This morning I had some extra time and lots of veggies to use up so I put together a hard boiled egg salad. Salad for breakfast? Sure, why not!

2 hard boiled eggs, yolks removed, broken into pieces
1 hard boiled egg, with yolk, sliced
1 tomato, sliced and quartered
1 green onion, sliced
1/4 red onion, diced
fresh chopped parsley
fresh cracked pepper
fleur de sel or course sea salt
balsamic vinegar
flax seeds (optional)

1. Assemble salad by arranging broken egg white pieces, tomato slices, green onion and red onion on a plate.

2. Top with sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.

3. Arrange sliced egg in a fan over top of everything.

4. Finish with fresh cracked pepper, a sprinkle of fleur de sel and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

5. For an extra healthy kick, I sprinkled 1/2 tsp of flax seeds over top of everything. You may also notice the white creamy stuff on the right side of the plate. That is left over homemade Tzatziki sauce. I used 10 Cent's recipe and it turned out fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails