Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Baked Egg Muffins
In my ongoing quest to be more prepared and have meals made ahead, I spent this morning in the kitchen. Along with making a batch of Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Muffins, I also made egg muffins... and not the McDonald"s variety. These "muffins" are actually just eggs and chopped veggies, mixed together, then baked in muffin tins. The resulting egg muffins are great for "grab & go" breakfasts and even better for make-ahead brunches.
Baked Egg Muffins - Makes 12
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (any type - I used almond)
- 1/2 red pepper, minced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped (yield's about 2-3 tbsp)
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
3. Stir in veggies, parsley, salt & pepper and mix well.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tins (approximately 2 oz liquid per cup).
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins until eggs are set.
Can be served immediately, left to cool, or refrigerated for later use.
Experiment with other mix-in's. Mushrooms, crumbled bacon or sausage, feta or cheddar cheese... the possibilities really are endless.