Friday, April 30, 2010
Spinach, Mushroom & Feta Omelette
Recipe spawned out of my need to use up some baby spinach and button mushrooms and the fact that I always have eggs on hand... and I'm hungry. :)
1 tbsp butter, divided
3 button mushrooms, sliced
2 handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp milk
salt & pepper
1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
1. Melt butter in a small pan (8 inch). Add mushrooms and saute until just starting to brown. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
2. Remove spinach and mushrooms from pan and set aside. Wipe out pan with a paper towel.
3. Crack eggs into a small bowl and add milk, salt & pepper. Whip lightly with a fork, just to break up the yolks.
4. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and swirl around to coat pan.
5. Pour eggs into the pan. The mixture should set at the edges almost immediately. With a spatula, gently push cooked portions toward the centre. Tilt and rotate the pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow into the empty spaces. (From "How to Make an Omelette" at Get Cracking.ca)
6. When top of omelette looks almost set, spoon spinach and mushroom mixture onto half of the omelette. Sprinkle feta cheese over top of the spinach. Using a spatula, flip the other side of the omelette over the half with spinach & mushrooms. Slide onto your plate and eat!